For the period 2012-2015 the main programs implemented by the Management Authority are:
- Operational Program “Environment and Sustainable Development”
The main funding recourses for the Management Authority came from the European Structural Fund with National co-finance.
The project entitled “Protection and preservation of the biodiversity of the National Park of Tzoumerka, Peristeri and Arachthos Gorge” was part of Priority Axis 09 “Protection of the Natural Environment and Biodiversity” of the Operational Program “Environment and Sustainable Development” of the National Strategic Reference Framework (ESPA) 2007-2013.
The main objective of this project was the implementation of all necessary activities for the protection and preservation of biodiversity, surveillance, scientific monitoring and environmental awareness of the park’s users etc. The actions to be carried out are related to:
- The surveillance and reinforcement of guarding the protected area in cooperation with the competent authorities and local associations.
- The scientific monitoring of habitat types, of the flora/fauna species and their habitats, according to Directive 92/43, as well as of endangered bird species (species of appendix 1, Directive 79/409).
- The development of infrastructure and information material, aiming at attracting visitors and informing them about natural values with a view to promoting the ecological and environmental value of the area and recognizing the role and the aim of the National Park.
- The reinforcement of environmental awareness and the participation of social partners, stakeholders and public.
- The implementation of the management plan.
- Green Fund
The Management Authority implemented small projects with national funding from the “Prasino Tameio” in the years 2012/2013/2014 in order to raise awareness, to promote enhance sustainable development of local communities.
- Operational Program «Human Resources Development»
The project entitled “Job creation at local level through common interest programs in the Epirus Region – Regional Unit of Ioannina was part of the Operational Program «Human Resources Development» and was implemented with by “Pindos Perivallontiki” a non-profit making society, in cooperation with the Management Authority. The main objective of the project was the protection and designation of the environmental and cultural values of the area through organised guarding and an extended network of paths, as well as through direct actions aiming at the information/awareness-raising of local society and visitors.